Lelit PL53 Fred Espresso Coffee GrinderRegular price $279.00 Save $-279.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Lelit PL53 Fred Espresso Coffee Grinder - Doserless, Stepless (A116)
**This product has been discontinued. Please see the new PL044MM Fred page for the updated model with a portafilter fork.**
Do you want the best value in an espresso coffee grinder? This grinder produces a good consistent grind quality that no almost no other espresso coffee grinder can be compared to in this price range.Features:
The only all stainless steel, polished body, doserless, conical burr espresso grinder with stepless adjustment for under $300.00. Can we say more? This grinder was designed for grinding espresso only. Although it 'can' be used for other coffee brewing methods, the turning of the knob on the stepless adjustment can be cumbersome to rotate many times for different brew methods. When we say many times, we mean hundreds of rotations. This is why we recommend the grinder be utilized for one brew method only - espresso.
- The powerful 150-watt motor is engaged through the use of a microswitch that you can press your portafilter right up against and get freshly ground coffee directly into your portafilter.
- The stepless adjustment allow you to fine tune your grind for the perfect espresso grind - this is different than stepped adjustment where one can use only setting #8 or #9, but no in-between as can be achieved by our PL53 grinder!
- Conical burrs with the larger burr outside diameter size measured at 38mm.
- Burrs made of hardened steel.
- Approximate tinted plastic bean hopper capacity: 150 grams (5.29 ounces).
- Bean hopper can easily be removed for hand cleaning (not dishwasher safe).
- Standard 110 volt outlet comes out from back of unit.
- Compact size makes it even a great grinder for traveling!
- Doserless chute on front is removable for cleaning.
- Removable stainless steel catch tray allows easier cleaning versus a fixed tray.
- Accessories included: removable stainless steel catch tray and instructional sheet.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor
Approximate measurements:: 12 1/8" H x ~5" W (including knob) x 8.325" D (including lower catch tray).
Depth without tray: 6 3/4 plus an extra inch is needed for cord coming out of back".
Approximate Tray Size: 4 1/8" square gets inserted approximately 2 3/8" into grinder.
- Approximate Weight: 5.8 pounds.
- Power: 150 watts, 110-120 volts only, 60 hertz.
- Bean hopper capacity: 5.29 ounces (150 grams).
- Made in Italy.
- Warning: Be careful to not allow the burrs to touch and lock up the grinding burrs. This will not be covered under warranty if you lock up the burrs.
- Warning: If there are coffee beans in the hopper, the grinder should be turned on and running when changing settings more than 1 knob rotation. The reason is that the grinds can stick to the burrs - especially when turning the knob finer.
- The Le'Lit PL53 is designed for espresso grinding ONLY. It will not grind beans for American (aka brown) coffee.
- The doserless chute can be a challenge to place back on after removal. The chute needs to be held extremely firm against the body, and sometimes the screw needs to be positioned at a slight angle when inserted and tightened.
- The Le'Lit PL53 comes factory set 4 full rotations finer than necessary. We recommend turning the knob 4-6 full rotations coarser before using it for the first time.
- There is another Le'Lit grinder named PL043 which is brought into the United States by another importer. Please note this grinder is not the same as our PL53 which has a stepless adjustment feature to fine tune the espresso grind fineness settings and has metal guides for the portafilter.
- Sorry, we do not have this item in 220-240 volts.
- For household use only. Commercial use will deem this product as non-returnable and will void the warranty.
- The PL53 uses a stepless worm-gear adjustment. This gives you grind adjustment to the nth degree, but also means switching from espresso grind to drip grind is quite a chore. Commonly, this adjustment requires 50+ turns of the knob. For most users this is an unacceptable ammount of dialing for a quick swap.
- We recommend the Le'lit as a grinder dedicated to one brew type. This means set it for a certain type of grind and leave it. You will still have to adjust (usually 1 to 5 turns) to compensate for bean type, oils, humidity, etc.
- The only recurring complaint we've received about the pre-2011 PL53 grinder is the bean hopper. Removing and replacing the hopper requires a gentle touch on pre-2011 models. Several customers have experienced the neck of the hopper cracking. We offer an upgraded hopper for the Le'lit for this reason. Some folks may still want to order this smaller bean hopper as the optional one is smaller.
Please note however, while less prone to cracking- this hopper is not tinted and sunlight may affect your beans faster.
Every Grinder gets tested by Lelit, every grinder will arrive with coffee grinds.